This project involved students and teachers from the following disciplines:
Ms. Bell’s and Ms. Thompson's English Classes
- Interviewed someone about the importance of a recipe in their cultural community or family.
- Wrote a story about the recipe and the cultural values, traditions and meaning of the recipe.
- Brought in the recipe and accompanying photo of the dish.
Ms. Raymond's Math Class
Ms. Vincent-Griffith's Science Class
- Tested recipes to describe reactions involved in various cooking techniques. This testing process was covered by the San Diego Union Tribune. To read the article click here. City Council Member Marti Emerald and School Board President Richard Barerra visited the science class to observe the testing. To view the Marti Emerald interview click here.
- Created a chart to display results. To view the chart click here.
Ms. Lake’s Web Design Class
- Designed a website with accompanying graphics that reflected project goals.
- Incorporated project content into website.
Ms. Butcher’s Graphic Design Class
- Generated a layout and design for project cookbook.
- Incorporated project content into a cookbook.
- Designed a banner to represent the project.
Mr. Villanueva's Video Class
- Filmed interviews of the community restaurants.
- Created videos of the restaurant interviews.